TCAA Goes Global
TCAA goes global: Pastor Dennis in Guerrero Mexico!
Matthew 24:14: And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
The Church at Arrowhead has been committed to support church planting and theological education in Guerrero for more than 15 years. We support Seminario Bautista del Sur in San Jeronimito, Guerrero, with $250.00 a month. This seminary has trained 80% of the pastors and missionaries who serve Baptist churches/missions in Guerrero.
The movement of God among the indigenous people groups is amazing–! We have prayed, watered and now get to see a harvest! There are now 28 missions in the mountains. There are also 15 new mission/churches in Acapulco!
The purpose of this trip is to see with my eyes and hear with my ears what the Lord is doing in Guerrero. I will have the privilege to challenge the graduates at STBS on June 27th to pursue God’s purpose for their lives. Hugo and Sandy Ybarra from Mexico City will join me as ranslators.
Pray for Pastor Dennis, Pastor Calet, Hugo and Sandy Ybarra, seminary students, the children, the churches and missionaries.
- June 17: Arrive in Acapulco and meet with Pastor Calet Lorenzano, Director of Church Planting for Convencion Batista Guerrero and Pastor at Inglesia Bautista De Renacimiento in Acapulco.
- June 18th: Deliver children’s items collected by the Ybarra’s to Renacimiento to be sorted and packaged for delivery. We will visit pastors and church planters.
- June 19-20th: Vacation Bible School Clinics at Betel Baptist Church in Acapulco and Fidelfia Baptist Church in Chilpancingo. We will meet leaders from 25 churches and missions. Many at the Chilpanchingo clinic serve indigenous people groups in the mountains. We will meet with the missionaries to listen to their stories of God’s work.
- Sunday: June 21st: Preach at Renacimiento Baptist Church. Calet pastors this thriving church in the one of the poorest areas of Acapulco.
- June 22nd: Pastor Calet will lead a team to distribute children items, shoes and clothing to Ayotoxla, a village in the low mountains (average family income is $80 month). We will also preach the Good News. The indigenous people in this mountain area are Nahuatl and Tlapaneco.10 years ago there were no Christian churches in these villages. Churches are thriving as they are planted and led by missionaries who came to Christ from these people groups.
- June 24th: Travel to STBS in San Jeronminito. Meet with faculty in the evening.
- June 25th: Day off to discover “edible” marine life.
- June 26th: Meet with Director Omar Bustos and seminary faculty to prepare for graduation ceremony at Seminairo Teological Bautista del Sur.
- June 27th: Graduation ceremony at STBS
- June 28th: Meet with John and Beti Sullivan, our TCAA missionary partners in Zihuatanejo. They serve orphans, elderly, poor families who live at the dump, and have planted church is in the colonias.
- June 29th: return to Phoenix